This set of qualitative survey questionnaires are designed to:
- Identify existing safe motherhood knowledge, attitudes, values, and practices of the key audiences or participant groups in the community.
- Identify current maternal health behaviors among participant groups (e.g. women, husbands, elders, etc).
- Identify barriers and constraints facing participant groups in seeking skilled care during pregnancy, childbirth and the postpartum period.
Developed in collaboration with the CHANGE Project, the set of tools includes:
Individual or Group In-Depth Interview Guides:
- Woman who had normal delivery and early postpartum recovery in past six months English
- Husband/male family influential of woman who had normal delivery and postpartum recovery in past six months English
- Woman or group of family members with complication in past six months English
- Elder female family influential (e.g. Mother-in-law) English
- Individuals or groups of community leaders English
- Skilled attendant English
- Traditional birth attendants who has attended a delivery within past six months English
Focus group discussion guides:
- Women of reproductive age English
- Men of reproductive age English
- Traditional birth attendants who have attended deliveries with past 6 months English
Projective interviewing guides:
- Group of women of reproductive age or group of elder female family influential English